Monthly Archives: June 2018
Today is June 21st 2018 the official start of the summer, are you planning on going on a research trip? I think there is nothing like going to a repository and finding records or visiting a cemetery and being able to see and touch your ancestor’s headstone or interviewing an older relative. Below are some of my tips to help you prepare for your summer research trip.
- Have a plan (what are you looking for or want to accomplish on your trip?)
- Where do you need to go? (find out where the records are kept and the hours of operation, where the cemeteries are located, and your relatives addresses)
- Bring supplies (some items I suggest you take)
- copies of forms and charts (download free forms via familytreemagazine.com)
- camera (your phone will do the job if you have space ;))
- pens and pencils
- voice recorder
- comfortable footwear
- boots or long pants ( for the cemeteries or visiting unkept areas)
- change/small bills (for meters and or photocopies)
- a laptop or tablet
- hard drive or thumb drive
- bug spray
Do you have anything you would add to this list?
Where are you planning on going this summer?
Did you miss BlackProGen LIVE! Ep 59? If so check it out below.
I have one more Ancestry DNA kit to giveaway…
1. Visit my blog (you are already here)
2. Subscribe to my blog (if you are already subscribed, thank you!)
3.Email me your Name by Friday, June 22nd, 2018 by 8pm (EST) and I will reply back a number. (Where is my email address you ask? In the about me section)
4. Watch live via Instagram Live (@genes_work) on Saturday, June 23rd, 2018 at 8pm (EST) as I randomly pick one lucky number. (Can’t watch live? No problem I will repost on the blog and email the winner.)